Benefits of Membership in the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative
Thank you for your interest in the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative. Founded in 2008 by members of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative, the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative has grown into one of the most utilized and respected resources for companies addressing conflict minerals issues.
Over 300 companies and associations from multiple industries are part of the CFSI today and take advantage of a range of member benefits. These benefits include:
- Access to Reasonable Country of Origin (RCOI) data and Country of Origin information associated with facilities that are validated through the Conflict-Free Smelter Program.
- Opportunity to shape industry response to conflict minerals reporting requirements and other expectations from stakeholders.
- Access to cutting-edge insight, tips and a like-minded community of industry professionals and issue experts developing solutions by companies, for companies.
- Latest information and insight about the developments on regional issues, various sourcing initiatives, regulatory schemes and more.
- Discounted attendance fee to the annual members meeting and conference.
- Facilitated engagement with stakeholder groups, including civil society organizations, socially responsible investor groups, governments and multilateral institutions and to ensure your company and organization have all the relevant perspectives as you make choices about your supply chain practices.
- Ability to contribute your perspectives to the development of new tools and resources from the CFSI, such as white papers on conflict minerals due diligence and training on conflict minerals reporting.
Membership is open to companies that use or transact in tantalum, tin, tungsten or gold (3TG). Membership is also open to associations of companies that use or transact in 3TG. Members are also required to accept an Agreement on the Exchange of Confidential Information (AECI) upon the approval of their application form. Please click here to see a sample AECI.
Please note that membership in the CFSI by associations does not automatically extend membership to those associations’ own constituents. Benefits of CFSI membership, such as RCOI data, may not be provided by member associations to their own constituents.
Our membership period runs on a calendar year basis, January to December. Companies signing up in the last quarter of the year (October 1 onwards) are automatically enrolled for the next calendar year term.
Individual companies: $7,500 per year
Companies that are members of CFSI partner associations: $3,000 per year
Partner associations: $20,000 per year
Please note that while membership by associations does not automatically extend membership to their own constituents, it does allow their members to join the CFSI at a discounted price.
Ready to get involved?
If you have additional questions, please write to us. Thank you!