Benefits of Membership in the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative
Thank you for your interest in the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative. Founded in 2008 by members of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative, the Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative has grown into one of the most utilized and respected resources for companies addressing responsible sourcing issues for 3TG. Over 350 companies from multiple industries are part of the CFSI today and take advantage of a range of member benefits.
The CFSI has three member types:
- Partner members - individual companies that use or transact in 3TG.
- Association members - associations of companies that use or transact in 3TG.
- Vendor members - companies that provide goods and/or services for use by CFSI member companies.Vendor members are those companies that do not meet the partner member category. Vendor members are not eligible for CFSI membership through association members.
Members are required to accept an Agreement on the Exchange of Confidential Information (AECI) upon the approval of their application form. Please click here to see a sample AECI. Our membership period runs on a calendar year basis, January to December. Companies signing up in the last quarter of the year (October 1 onwards) receive three months free and are automatically enrolled for the next calendar year term.
Partner Member Benefits
- Access to Reasonable Country of Origin (RCOI) data associated with facilities that are validated through the Conflict-Free Smelter Program.
- Access to the CFSI's Smelter Database with information about thousands of companies in the 3TG supply chain.
- Opportunity to shape industry response to conflict minerals reporting requirements and other expectations from stakeholders.
- Access to insight, tips and a like-minded community of industry professionals and issue experts developing solutions by companies, for companies.
- Latest information about the developments on regional issues, various sourcing initiatives, regulatory schemes and more.
- Discounted attendance fee to the annual members meeting and conference.
- Facilitated engagement with stakeholder groups, including civil society organizations, socially responsible investor groups, governments and multilateral institutions to ensure your company has all the relevant perspectives as you make choices about your supply chain practices.
- Ability to contribute your perspectives to the development of new tools and resources from the CFSI, such as white papers on conflict minerals due diligence and training on conflict minerals reporting.
Partner Member Rate: $7,500 per year
CFSI engages with a variety of companies and their associations to collaborate on addressing shared challenges in responsible sourcing. CFSI views our association members as valuable partners in promoting broad-based, multi-industry action to support responsible sourcing practices across supply chains. With support from a variety of industries, we can collectively promote ethical sourcing by increasing the effectiveness and impact of collaborative, cross-industry tools, platforms, and resources. Join the conversation by becoming a CFSI Association Member! Association Membership is open to associations of companies that use or transact in tantalum, tin, tungsten or gold (3TG). Associations are required to accept an Agreement on the Exchange of Confidential Information (AECI) upon the approval of their application form. Association Membership does not extend membership benefits to their own constituents. The CFSI’s individual company membership rate ($7,500) applies to members of associations.
Association Member Benefits
- Ex-officio (non-voting) seat on the CFSI Steering Committee - oversee the general management and direction of the CFSI, including its goals and objectives; shape the development and oversight of the organization's strategic plan.
- Acknowledgement on CFSI web site
- Work group access
- Event discounts—receive the member rate for conference registrations
- Member newsletter subscription
Association Member Rate: $10,000 per year
Association Partner Benefits
- Acknowledgement on CFSI web site to publically indicate collaboration activities and alignment.
- Level and type of collaboration guided by tailored agreement between associations. Collaboration could include: coordination on events, sponsorships, and industry briefings, co-training opportunities, alignment of program services, etc.
- Association Partners may receive volume-based dues discounts for their members.
Association Partner Rate: No annual fee
CFSI engages with a variety of organizations to discuss emerging issues, best practices and work on addressing shared challenges. CFSI views our vendor members as valuable partners in promoting broad-based, multi-industry action to support responsible sourcing practices across supply chains. With support from a variety of companies, we can collectively promote ethical sourcing by increasing the effectiveness and impact of collaborative, cross-industry tools, platforms, and resources. Join the conversation by becoming a CFSI Vendor Member!
Vendor Member Benefits
- Acknowledgement on CFSI website. The CFSI does not endorse or make any claims about the products or services of Vendor Members.
- Work group access. Engage with the CMRT Development Team, Smelter Engagement Team, Smelter Data Management Team, CFSI Stakeholders Call, and CFSI Plenary.
- Event discounts. Receive the member rate for conference registrations.
- Member newsletter subscription.
Vendor Member Requirements
- Intellectual Property Protection Agreement.
- Vendor members may not promote, sell, or otherwise advocate for company products or services on CFSI work group calls or through CFSI distributions lists.
Vendor Membership Rates
One full year of benefits:
- Individual consultants (single membership): $6,000
- Partners and firms (group membership): $10,000
One full year of benefits, plus an exhibit at the CFSI Annual Conference:
- Individual consultants (single membership): $9,000
- Partners and firms (group membership): $13,000
One full year of benefits, an exhibit at the CFSI Annual Conference, plus direct access to the CFSI Smelter Database. The CFSI's Smelter Database has information about thousands of companies in the 3TG supply chain.
Ready to get involved?
If you have additional questions, please write to us. Thank you!