What happens once the onsite audit is completed?
At the conclusion of the onsite CFSP audit, the auditor will create an audit summary report and deliver it to the smelter or refiner (SOR) and the CFSP ARC. The ARC reviews the report and the auditor's testimony to the ARC. Together, the auditor and the ARC review the auditor’s work to agree on the compliance determination for the SOR.
The ARC's audit review process consists of the following steps:
- The CFSP Audit Manager (APM) distributes the completed audit report and line item summary (LIS) to ARC members for pre-reading
- ARC members vote on the auditor’s recommendation of the SOR compliance and make a final determination of compliance to the CFSP protocol
- If there are questions about the audit report or auditee’s activities, these will be clarified with the auditor and/or auditee. If needed, the auditee can also join ARC calls to present information or clarify questions.
- If the SOR is found to be compliant with the CFSP protocol, the APM sends a compliance letter and the company will be added to the publically available compliant list.
- If the SOR is found not to be compliant with the CFSP protocol, the APM sends a non-compliance letter. This letter includes findings and if relevant, possible solutions or corrective actions (see post-audit activities).